It is the mission of VICM to bring children and families together in an interactive educational space where dynamic play inspires a love of learning.
The VICM aims to create an
environment that fosters explorative learning and a life-long passion
for seeking knowledge.
As part of a multicultural and multinational community, the Virgin Islands Children's Museum encourages visitors from across the Caribbean and throughout the world. The museum serves families, educators, children of the Virgin Islands and visitors to the Territory. Most exhibits appeal to specific age groups ranging from 2-12 years. However, all age groups will benefit from and enjoy visiting the museum. The VICM is an all inclusive education resource that places a high importance on providing programs accessible to low income families.
The museum is financially sustained through grants, contributions, donations, museum memberships, museum admissions, event space rental, and sales from the gift shop.
Our Objectives and Anticipated Outcomes:
● Acquisition of the educational foundation of learning through experimentation.
● Increased scientific, technological, cultural and social awareness and appreciation.
● Increased knowledge of science, technology, and cultures.
● Fostering creativity via exhibits and programming featuring science & technology and the concept of invention.
● Providing the ability to translate ideas into visible and tangible action.
● Decreased high- risk behaviors as problem solving skills are reinforced in a safe environment that champions all kinds of learners.
● Creating powerful tools to enhance school readiness.
● Enriched local connection through interaction in a socially positive environment.
● Economic development through job creation and education.
● Enhanced access to educational developmental tools.
● Creating a forum and incubator where childcare, education, parenting and academic experts can access and train young families and help advance the field of early learning.
● Providing an appealing space where all children and families can discover the power of learning together.
● Providing an exciting introduction to the world of cultural institutions and lifelong learning experiences for young children and their families.
● Developing and disseminating a broad/deep portfolio of multi-disciplined education programming.
● Playing a role as a valued strategic partner and collaborator, complementary to other regional early childhood stakeholders.